MADE TO ORDER FORM
Working from your photographs and our library of aircraft blueprints, our master craftsmen will meticulously recreate your airplane into an amazing detailed and customized desktop replica. Each model is hand carved from solid mahogany or alternatively from solid cast resin and completely hand painted to match your aircraft paint scheme and registration number.
No detail will be spared! We attach as many of the original details of the real airplane as possible including antennas, wire lines, riggings, steps, pitot tubes, wipers, armament and weapons and loads.
ModelBuffs Made to Order Form: How to Complete It
Step 1: Personal Details
- Full Name: Enter your full name for identification.
- Contact Information: Provide your phone number and email address so we can update you on the status of your order.
- Shipping Address: Make sure to enter the correct address where you want the model delivered.
Step 2: Model Selection
- Aircraft Type: Give details of the type of aircraft you’d like a model of including the manufacturer, type and variant if necessary.
- Scale: Choose your preferred scale from available options like 17.00 inches (43.20 Cm.) in length or wingspan or even the scale you require such as 1:48, 1:72
- Material: Select your preferred material – Philippine Mahogany (or most common version) or Solid Cast Resin (model identical to the wood version but slightly more expensive).
Step 3: Customization
- Livery and Paint Scheme: Specify your desired livery and paint scheme, or opt for the factory default.
- Markings/Decals: Indicate any specific insignias, logos, or registration numbers you want on the model.
- Additional Features: Choose additional features like personalization of the N, Tail or Registration Number, a transparent cockpit or cabin version, retractable landing gear etc. etc.
- Ideally and very importantly please attach up to 8 images of the actual aircraft buy using the image upload facility in the form below.
Step 4: Add-ons
- Display Stand: Indicate whether you would like to add a display stand, and if so, which type.
- Nameplate: Add any personalized text for a nameplate, such as the aircraft’s name or the pilot’s name.
Step 5: Payment Information
- Payment Method: Advise your preferred payment method from options like Credit Card, PayPal, or Bank Wire Transfer.
- Deposit (if applicable): Normally for Made to Order Models we require a 50% deposit on the price of the model only with the balance payable together with freight after approval of the model and before dispatch. Once your order is processed our work begins immediately. We start assembling your production packet, assign your model an order number as well as many other behind the scenes preparations; for this reason all custom model deposits are non-refundable
Step 6: Review and Submit
- Terms and Conditions: Carefully read and agree to the terms and conditions before proceeding.
- Review: Double-check all the information to ensure it is accurate.
- Submit: Once you’re sure all the information is correct, click on the “Submit” button.
Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation email outlining your choices and the expected timeline for the production and delivery of your custom model airplane.
If you have any questions or require further clarification at any stage, don’t hesitate to contact us.
How does it work?
We can make almost any desk model to the highest of specifications. If we have not made a particular model before then we will get scale plans and use our own digital pictures of the aircraft or get them from stock sources. You can also supply your own digital pictures if you have them. You can also specify the scale of your customised model.
Where to get images of your favorite plane?
What if I want a specific color on my model planes?
Color schemes both actual and to your design can be applied. As it is sometimes difficult for us to see from digital images the exact color of certain parts of the plane it would help if you could let us have the closest Pantone color for each part of section of the body. This can easily done by checking our Pantone color chart and select the closest color match.
How long does it take?
Custom made models can be produced in 8-10 weeks from receiving full specifications from the customer. Prior to despatch digital photos will be sent to the customer showing the final finished product.
Can I choose what display stand to use?
Display stands are solid mahogany (matt or gloss finish) or mahogany with stainless steel support. We can also produce stands exactly to your own specifications. Logos and inscriptions (brass plaques if required) can be applied to the stand, detailing owner or pilot information or to recognise a special occasion. If you have any further questions email us through our contact form to discuss your specific needs.