Helicopters come in various designs and configurations, tailored for specific roles and environments. Here are the main types or designs of helicopters:
- Utility Helicopters: These are versatile helicopters used for a variety of roles, from personnel transport to cargo carrying. They often have both civilian and military applications.
- Example: Bell UH-1 Iroquois (“Huey”)
- Attack Helicopters: Designed specifically for combat, these helicopters are equipped with weapons to target enemy armor, positions, and aircraft.
- Example: AH-64 Apache
- Transport Helicopters: Larger helicopters designed for transporting troops, cargo, and heavy equipment, often used by military forces.
- Example: CH-47 Chinook
- Observation Helicopters: Used for reconnaissance and surveillance roles. They may be armed but are typically lighter and more agile.
- Example: OH-58 Kiowa
- Search and Rescue (SAR) Helicopters: Equipped for search and rescue missions, often featuring hoists, advanced navigation systems, and medical equipment.
- Example: Sikorsky HH-60 Jayhawk
- Medical Evacuation (Medevac) Helicopters: Designed to transport injured patients to medical facilities quickly. They are equipped with essential life-saving equipment.
- Example: Eurocopter EC145
- Heavy-Lift Helicopters: These are designed to carry heavy loads, often slung underneath the aircraft.
- Example: Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion
- Training Helicopters: Used primarily for training new pilots. They are typically smaller and more basic in design.
- Example: Robinson R22
- VIP/Corporate Helicopters: Luxuriously designed for transporting VIPs or corporate executives. They often feature advanced avionics and comfort-focused interiors.
- Example: Bell 429
- Personal/Private Helicopters: Small helicopters designed for personal use, often owned by individuals or small businesses.
- Example: Hughes 500
- Multirole Helicopters: These are designed to fulfill multiple roles, combining attributes from various categories.
- Example: NHIndustries NH90, which can perform troop transport, SAR, and ASW missions.
- Experimental/Concept Helicopters: These are designs that test new technologies, configurations, or capabilities, and might not be intended for mass production.
- Example: Sikorsky’s X2 technology demonstrator
We have a wide selection of both civilian and military models to choose from famous helicopter manufacturers such as Aerospatiale, American Eurocopter, Agusta, Boeing Rotorcraft, Brantly International, Enstrom, Higgins, Hughes, Hiller, Kaman, Lancair, MD, NH Industries, Piasecki, Robinson, Schweizer, Shawnee, Sikorsky and Westland. Helicopter models dating back to the WW II, the Vietnam and Korean War and until the very present are all available. Every wooden scale helicopter model is handcrafted to the most perfect of detail – they are much more than simple model – they are works of art!
If the model you require is not mentioned or shown below and is not listed for sale on our site just let us know what you need by clicking here.